Hey Fresher’s, just graduated fresh out of college and wondering what job to take up? There are so many options for you today; but making a decision on which career to take up or which industry to join can be a little difficult or can be confusing. So let me run you through the Best Job Profiles in India which are also the top paying and it can help you decide what job profile to take up. You can make a set career by joining any of these industries.
1) IT Industry: It has seen a stable growth over the years and it has become one of the top and the hottest industries in India in the current years. IT Profiles like software developer or engineer, quality assurance engineer, are considered the top by those who are looking to make a good career. There are a number of advantages by working here like good pay, job security and growth opportunities.
Salary: The average annual income of a person working in IT depends on an individual’s experience, role etc. Those who are fresher’s can earn between Rs 1.5 to 3 lakhs per annum, while a person who is at a mid level can earn Rs 3 to 7 lakhs per annum. A person who has much experience and is at a senior level can earn around Rs 6 to 12 lakhs per annum.
2) Management: Managing a business requires a lot of skill and one needs to have a good understanding of all business fundamentals and most of the top MNC’s want an MBA to work in their organization. That’s why these days there is an increase of people who want to pursue Management studies like MBA. Management has become one of the hottest job profiles in India. An MBA from a top institute like IIM can get opportunity to work in the best companies of India and can even get placed in companies abroad. They also get paid a great amount of compensation depending on the type of MBA degree they have pursued.
Salary: The average annual income of a person who has done MBA could start from Rs 12 lakhs and go up to Rs 80 lakhs per year.
3) Chartered Accountant: A Chartered Accountant is one of the most important persons in an organization. He/she has the responsibility to look after the finance of the company like maintaining the books, auditing, looking after the accounts, etc. One can earn very well in this profile as C.A’s are paid a very high compensation. However, only those who are interested in the financial domain should get into this career.
Salary: The average annual income of a Chartered Accountant starts at around Rs 6 lakhs and can go up to Rs 12 lakhs per year for the experienced individuals.
4) Medical Field: Those working in the Medical Field are always in demand due to the nature of their work. People constantly depend on them to save their lives. They include surgeons, doctors, heart specialist and many more. Since their work nature is very crucial they are paid a very high compensation. Although one can make a good and set career in this profession, it is suitable for only those people who have a passion towards serving others.
Salary: The average annual income of a person in the medical field depends on the type of profession. A doctor can earn Rs 17 lakhs per annum, general surgeons can earn around Rs 8 lakhs per annum while a general practitioner can earn around Rs 5 lakhs per annum.
5) Aviation Industry: The Aviation or Airline Industry is constantly growing everyday as many new airline companies are being opened up in India. Due to this there are ample of opportunities for working here like ground staff, pilots, maintenance engineers, flight attendants and many more. An individual working in the aviation or airlines can earn very well due to the high demand for them.
Salary: The average annual income of people in the aviation industry depends on their role. A commercial pilot can earn Rs 20 lakh per annum, while a helicopter pilot can earn Rs 18 lakh per annum and an aircraft maintenance engineer can earn around Rs 10 lakh per annum.
6) Legal Industry: The legal system is very vast and there are many types of professions. One can be a criminal lawyer or a commercial lawyer for business. Those working in the legal departments have to be well acquainted with the laws of their country and can earn very well in this field. There are many types of roles over here like lawyer, attorney, advocate and many more.
Salary: The average annual income for a person in the legal industry depends on their role. A corporate lawyer can earn up to Rs 6 lakh per annum while a senior attorney can earn up to Rs 10 lakh per annum.
7) Social Media: Social Media is growing at a breathtaking speed. More and more people are inclined to social media and depend on it not only for personal reasons but for professional reasons. The advantages of Social Media are innumerable and that is why being a part of it can benefit a person. There are various roles over here like social media manager, social media specialist, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), copywriter, etc.
Salary: The average annual income of a person working in social media will depend on their role. A social media manager can earn up to Rs 5 lakh per year while a social media specialist can earn up to Rs 4 lakh per year.
8) BPO Industry: The BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) Industry is growing really fast in India as well as other countries in the world. MNC’s are continually relying upon resources from India and need them as a workforce in their associations. Many people treat a BPO job as a temporary choice just to get some fast cash in their pockets but you can make a good career by working here. There are various processes like voice, non- voice, back office and many more. The various roles in this industry are customer service executive, voice and accent coach, team leader, manager, etc. This industry is good as one can get extra incentives along with the compensation if their performance is good.
Salary: The average annual income of a person in a BPO depends on the role, qualification and process. A fresher who joins as a customer service executive can earn up to Rs 3 lakh per year while a manager can earn up to Rs 6 lakh per year.
Now that you are well versed with the best job profiles, your decision on which one to take up has just gotten easier. So now you can go ahead and make a career in the one that is not only is the best but most suits you and your educational qualifications.